We sincerely thank all of our customers for their patronage and understanding as we all adapt to the ever changing situation around Covid-19 in Sydney. As we are not yet able to trade at full capacity, our hours and menus are temporarily limited, but will continue to expand as restrictions lift.
Our team are making every effort to provide an enjoyable experience in a safe environment, just as we always have.
In line with NSW Government guidelines, the below list of additional measures and temporary changes are in place;
- Limited Capacity in each area of the venue, based on 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Daily Contact Register Check-in.
All guests are required to provide their contact details on entry, each day they visit. This is a NSW Health rule in place to help with potential contact tracing. We respect your privacy and will not access or share your details for other purposes, unless you choose to opt in to a marketing list.
- Single entry point at Sussex St, to help us manage capacity counts and contact register check-ins. You can still drink or dine in the Market Street Garden area, however that entry point is temporarily closed and all patrons redirected around to the Sussex Street entry.
- Social Distancing.
All tables are at least 1.5m apart to allow guests to maintain social distancing. Wayfinder floor markers are also there to help guide you near service points.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the venue.
- Contactless cashless payments are preferred.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customer use at entry and service points.
- Limited touch points. Cutlery is kept behind the bar, condiments must be ordered with meals, menus are on screen, online or disposable paper copies are available for single use.
- Staff are following strict hygiene procedures, including frequent hand sanitation, temperature checks, travelling outside peak commuter times where possible, staying home if unwell and are required to provide evidence of medical clearance before returning to work.
- Maximum Group Booking size is limited as per current government rules and all guests are to be seated.
- Advanced bookings are encouraged. Due to limited capacity it’s a good idea to book ahead.
Book online now.
- Events and Functions – Seated dining events and presentations are possible, however dance floors are not yet allowed. All cocktail events are on hold until further restrictions lift. Our reservations team can be contacted here for future bookings or rescheduling events postponed during Covid closures.
- Music is on, but please tap your feet in your seat. Dance floors are not yet allowed.
- All Day Dining is available on weekdays to accommodate staggered lunch breaks and off-peak visits.
- Limited Trading Hours are Monday to Friday from midday. Guests are welcome anytime for drinks or dining. Walk-ins are welcome subject to capacity.
How you can help
We ask that all guests follow good hygiene and maintain social distancing during each visit.
We kindly ask that reservations are made for accurate guest numbers while we trade under strictly limited capacity. We also ask for your patience in allowing us extra time to clean between customers and offer CovidSafe service.
- Check-in to the venue contact register.
- Sanitize your hands on arrival.
- Keep 1.5m apart.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face and surfaces.
- If you are feeling unwell, have recently travelled to a hot spot area or been in contact with a known case, please postpone your plans, self-isolate and seek medical attention before heading out.
- We encourage guests to use the CovidSafe app.
Please feel free to speak to staff if you have any questions during a visit. Our reservations team can also assist on 92673100 between 11am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
About the Contact Register Check-In
Shelbourne Hotel is using MyGuestList to provide a quick contactless online check-in, which each guest will access on their own mobile device, then show staff the confirmation before being served. Your details will remain private and will only be accessed for contact tracing purposes in line with NSW health guidelines.
Please note, that should you choose not to provide your contact details and check-in, unfortunately we have to refuse entry to comply with current government restrictions.