We thank our customers for their patronage and understanding as we all adapt to the ever changing situation around Covid-19 in Sydney. As we are not yet able to trade at full capacity, our hours and menus are temporarily limited, but will continue to expand as restrictions lift.
Our team are making every effort to provide an enjoyable experience in a safe environment, just as we always have. However, there are a few new rules we kindly ask for your help with.
In line with NSW Government guidelines, the below list of additional measures and temporary changes are in place;
- Limited Capacity in each area of the venue. Signage indicates limits of each space and the relevant ratio of 1 person per 4m or 1 person per 2m, based on current government requirements.
- Daily Contact Register Check-in.
All guests are now required to use the Service NSW digital QR code check-in on your own device. Staff will then need to sight your on-screen verification before you enter. This is rule is enforced by NSW Health across all venues to help with rapid access to contact tracing information.
- Single entry point at Sussex St to help us manage capacity counts and contact register check-ins. You can still drink or dine in the Market Street Garden area, however that entry point is temporarily closed and all patrons redirected around to the Sussex Street entry.
- Social Distancing.
- Wayfinder floor markers are there to help guide you near service points and venue entry, where lines may form.
- Our floor plan has been spaced out with reduced furniture, encouraging social distancing between groups.
- Please respect each other’s personal space when visiting and keep your distance.
- If you would like a larger table for your group to be spaced from each other while at the table, just ask in your booking request notes.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the venue.
- Contactless cashless payments are preferred.
- Tap and Go facilitate are available.
- Corporate Functions & Group Bookings can be arranged with prepaid bar tabs to be accessed via wristbands, which guests just have to show to bar staff, eliminating multiple transactions.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customer use at entry, service points and multiple accessible locations.
- Limited touch points. Cutlery is kept behind the bar, condiments must be ordered with meals, menus are on screen, online or disposable paper copies are available for single use.
- Staff wear masks and are following strict health and hygiene procedures, including frequent hand sanitation, temperature spot checks, travelling outside peak commuter times where possible. Staff must stay home if unwell and are required to provide evidence of medical clearance before returning to work.
- Maximum Group Booking size is limited as per current government rules and all guests are to be seated.
- Keep your distance.
If you know other people in the venue, please resist the urge to approach their table. The current rules ask you to remain seated at your own table on licensed premise and discourage mingling across groups. We understand it’s awkward and a bit antisocial, but we appreciate you’re help in playing by the rules.
- Advanced bookings are encouraged. Due to limited capacity it’s a good idea to book ahead.
- Events and Functions
Our reservations team can be contacted here for private events and corporate functions. Our team will tailor a CovidSafe plan relevant to the event type and date you’re planning for.
- Currently all functions must be in a seated covidsafe format. Cocktail style events are not yet possible anywhere in NSW.
- Private event spaces can be booked for functions including wedding receptions and corporate events.
- Small informal table bookings are possible within the group size limits for other occasions.
- Music is on, but please tap your feet in your seat. Dance floors are still restricted and are not available at this venue.
- All Day Dining is available on weekdays to accommodate staggered lunch breaks and off-peak visits.
- Digital Food Menus are available via QR code on each table to help limit touch points.
- Limited Trading Hours are Monday to Friday from midday. Guests are welcome anytime for drinks or dining. Walk-ins are welcome subject to capacity.
- All guests are required to remain seated unless accessing the bar or bathrooms etc. The latest restrictions specify that patrons must be seated to consume alcohol indoors at licensed venues. Vertical consumption can result in fines so please stay in your seat to drink and dine.
- A roaming Covid Marshall is on hand to assist with upholding the CovidSafe rules and sanitation.
- If a patron does not comply with CovidSafe rules, they will be asked to leave or refused entry. Please be aware behaviour may result in individuals being fined so it is important to be conscious of the rules. Deliberate breach of rules cannot be tolerated. The venue will not take unnecessary risk in regard to the safety of our team or other customers.
- Take-Away food & drinks available. If you prefer to dine at home, outdoors or in your office you are welcome to order online and pick-up your meal and favourite drinks from our Sussex St entry.
You will be still be asked to check-in while waiting, but it’s a quick and easy.
How you can help
We ask that all guests play by the rules, follow good hygiene and maintain social distancing during each visit.
We kindly ask for your patience in allowing us extra time to clean between customers and offer CovidSafe service. We also ask that reservations are made for accurate guest numbers while we trade under strictly limited capacity.
- Check-in to the venue contact register.
- Sanitize your hands on arrival and after using any public touch points like Eftpos machine, door handles etc.
- Keep 1.5m apart from other people.
- Please remain seated at your table, except when going to the bar, bathrooms etc. Sorry the regulations don’t allow you to stand with a drink or socialise across multiple groups/tables.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face and surfaces.
- Use contactless tap-and-go payments where possible.
- We encourage guests to use the CovidSafe app.
Most importantly, please postpone your plans, self-isolate and seek medical attention if you are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms, have recently been exposed to a hot spot area, known case or anyone who is now isolating.
Please feel free to speak to staff if you have any questions during a visit. Our reservations team can also assist on 92673100 between 11am and 4pm Monday to Friday.