We thank our customers for their patronage and understanding as we all adapt to the ever changing situation around Covid-19 in Sydney. As we are not yet able to trade at full capacity, our hours and menus are temporarily limited, but will continue to expand as restrictions lift.
Our team are making every effort to provide an enjoyable experience in a safe environment, just as we always have. However, there are a few new rules we kindly ask for your help with.
In line with NSW Government guidelines, the below list of additional measures and temporary changes are in place;
- Limited Capacity in each area of the venue, based on 1 person per 4 square metres indoors and 1 person per 2sqm outdoors. Signage indicates limits of each space.
- Daily Contact Register Check-in.
All guests are required to provide their contact details digitally on entry, each day they visit. This is a NSW Health rule in place to help with potential contact tracing. We respect your privacy and will not access or share your details for other purposes, unless you choose to opt in to a marketing list while your’re at it.
We have a quick, easy, digital form to complete on your own device. Staff will then need to sight your verification before you enter.
- Single entry point at Sussex St to help us manage capacity counts and contact register check-ins. You can still drink or dine in the Market Street Garden area, however that entry point is temporarily closed and all patrons redirected around to the Sussex Street entry.
- Social Distancing.
- Wayfinder floor markers are there to help guide you near service points and venue entry, where lines may form.
- Our floor plan has been spaced out with reduced furniture. All tables are at least 1.5m apart to allow guests to maintain social distancing between groups.
- Please respect each other’s personal space when visiting and keep your distance.
- If you would like a larger table for your group to be spaced from each other while at the table, just ask in your booking request notes.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the venue.
- Contactless cashless payments are preferred. Sanitizer is also at point of sale if needed.
- Hand sanitizer is available for customer use at entry, service points and multiple accessible locations.
- Limited touch points. Cutlery is kept behind the bar, condiments must be ordered with meals, menus are on screen, online or disposable paper copies are available for single use.
- Staff are following strict health and hygiene procedures, including frequent hand sanitation, temperature spot checks, travelling outside peak commuter times where possible. Staff must stay home if unwell and are required to provide evidence of medical clearance before returning to work.
- Maximum Group Booking size is limited as per current government rules and all guests are to be seated. (30 people from 23 October onward).
- Keep your distance. If you know other people in the venue, please resist the urge to approach their table. The current rules ask you to remain seated at your own table on licensed premise and avoid mingling across groups. We understand it’s awkward and a bit antisocial, but we appreciate you’re help in playing by the rules.
- Advanced bookings are encouraged. Due to limited capacity it’s a good idea to book ahead.
Book online now.
- Events and Functions
Our reservations team can be contacted here for private events and corporate functions. Our team will tailor a CovidSafe plan relevant to the event type and date you’re planning for.
- Currently all functions must be in a seated covidsafe format. Cocktail style events and dance floors are not yet possible anywhere in NSW.
- Private event spaces can be booked for wedding receptions, Christmas parties and some corporate events.
- Small informal table bookings are possible within the group size limits.
- Music is on, but please tap your feet in your seat. Dance floors are not yet allowed.
- All Day Dining is available on weekdays to accommodate staggered lunch breaks and off-peak visits.
- Contactless Food Menus are available via QR code on each table.
- Limited Trading Hours are Monday to Friday from midday. Guests are welcome anytime for drinks or dining. Walk-ins are welcome subject to capacity.
- All guests are required to remain seated unless accessing the bar or bathrooms etc. The latest restrictions specify that patrons must be seated to consume alcohol in a licensed venue. Sorry, we cannot allow you to stand with drinks or socialise across multiple groups. You can call or Zoom across the room, but please stay in your seats and play within the government’s covid rules.
- A roaming Covid Marshall is on hand to assist with upholding the CovidSafe rules and sanitation.
- If a patron does not comply with CovidSafe rules, they will be asked to leave or refused entry. Please be aware behaviour may result in individuals being fined so it is important to be conscious of the rules. Deliberate breach of rules cannot be tolerated. The venue will not take unnecessary risk in regard to the safety of our team or other customers.
How you can help
We ask that all guests play by the rules, follow good hygiene and maintain social distancing during each visit.
We kindly ask for your patience in allowing us extra time to clean between customers and offer CovidSafe service. We also ask that reservations are made for accurate guest numbers while we trade under strictly limited capacity.
- Check-in to the venue contact register.
- Sanitize your hands on arrival and after using any public touch points like Eftpos machine, door handles etc.
- Keep 1.5m apart from other people.
- Please remain seated at your table, except when going to the bar, bathrooms etc. Sorry the regulations don’t allow you to stand with a drink or socialise across multiple groups/tables.
- Cover your cough or sneeze, wash your hands afterwards.
- Avoid touching your face and surfaces.
- Use contactless tap-and-go payments where possible.
- We encourage guests to use the CovidSafe app.
Most importantly, please postpone your plans, self-isolate and seek medical attention if you are feeling unwell with flu-like symptoms, have recently been exposed to a hot spot area, known case or anyone who is now isolating.
Please feel free to speak to staff if you have any questions during a visit. Our reservations team can also assist on 92673100 between 11am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
About the Contact Register Check-In
Shelbourne Hotel is using MyGuestList to provide a quick contactless online check-in, which each guest will access on their own mobile device, then show staff the confirmation before being served. Your details will remain private and will only be accessed for contact tracing purposes in line with NSW health guidelines.
Please note, that should you choose not to provide your contact details and check-in, unfortunately we have to refuse entry to comply with current government restrictions.
A manual paper sign in is also available, however the contactless digital method is preferred for accuracy.
Preview Online Check-In Form but please don’t complete until you’re arriving at the venue, as we’ll have to ask you to do it again for the correct time and date stamp.